About Sands McKinley
Sands is the founder of McKinley Irvin. Together with his partners, he has built a firm of outstanding lawyers, staff, and service delivery models – all focused on delivering personalized client service and excellent legal results in every client relationship.
In 1999, Sands retired from active law practice to focus on the firm’s growth, development, and operations. He now focuses on McKinley Irvin’s strategic vision for the future in a rapidly changing professional and business environment, while the firm’s executive team manages its operations.
Because the firm has always been committed to innovation and continuous improvement, as well as leveraging technology and smart management methods, McKinley Irvin is both ready and eager to meet the challenges of the future while remaining squarely focused on our two most important considerations – #1 our clients, and #2 our outstanding group of professionals.
"At the heart and soul of our firm is a commitment to excellence in every aspect of serving our clients," says Sands. "Our goal is to surprise and delight our clients during our relationship. Likewise, within the firm we are committed both as a group and individually to be the best we can be as people and professionals, and we support one another toward that end."
Sands is a proponent of innovation and evolution within the practice of law, the business of law, and legal education.Next >>
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law
- B.A., Political Science and Legal Studies, Pacific Lutheran University
- Sands McKinley, Editorial: Response to Supreme Court, (2007)
- Sands McKinley, Collaborative Law: What You Need to Know Now, (2007)
- Sands McKinley, "OK, You Get the House, But I Get the Tupperware!" THE LAWBOOK special section of the Eastside Journal, Redmond Reporter, Mercer Island Reporter, and Bothell/Kenmore Reporter, (2002)
In the Media
- "Working harder on Tacoma relationship," The News Tribune, April 1, 2011
- "Seattle Law," Puget Sound Business Journal, January 28, 2011
- " Ending a Marriage and Preserving a Partnership," Puget Sound Business Journal, August 24, 2007.
- Listen to Sands McKinley's interview with Don Riggs on the 94.1 KMPS Introspect Northwest Show, July 8, 2007.
- " Divorce and Business, Avoid the Pitfalls when a Marriage Crumbles," Puget Sound Business Journal, March 23, 2007.
- Listen to an interview with Sands McKinley on the Rolonda radio show, July 6, 2007.
- Sands McKinley was a featured guest on the Bob Pittman radio show, Legal Line on Talk 770, KTTH to discuss important tips to consider before marriage, July 1, 2007.
- Sands McKinley was a featured guest on the Rolonda radio show at 10:20 a.m. to discuss cutting edge social and legal issues concerning the American family, June 11, 2007.