About Jack G. Dekovich
Jack Dekovich is inspired by the law’s potential to help people in meaningful ways.
"The law is not just a job for me, but rather a vocation. My purpose in pursuing family law is to serve the greater good as a community caretaker."
Valuing his client relationships above all else, Jack does everything in his power to find optimal solutions for their issues. Clients quickly perceive that he sincerely cares about them and are confident about his sound advice.
"My clients are trusting me with their lives. They can depend on me not only to have the skills needed to navigate their cases successfully, but the compassion to guide them to a well-reasoned resolution."
Although Jack continuously seeks alternative means to resolve disputes, he begins preparing for trial on day one and is immediately ready if litigation becomes necessary.
Committed to the betterment of society, Jack volunteers with several non-profit organizations involving law, education, music, and human rights. He is passionate about helping vulnerable individuals, particularly children and abuse victims, to achieve justice. Most recently, he worked with humanitarian organizations to reunite immigrant children in detention centers with their families.
Originally from Detroit, Jack attended law school at Willamette University and later settled in Portland. In his rare free time, he enjoys ice hockey and playing music. In 2017, his band won the Multnomah Bar Association’s “Battle of the Lawyer Bands.” Jack also enjoys Portland’s food scene, and even has a pizza named after him at a local restaurant.Next >>
- Family Law Section Co-Chair, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, 2015 - Present
- Oregon State Bar, 2013 - Present
- Multnomah Bar Association, 2013 - Present
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, 2010 - Present
Professional Community Activities
- Board Member, Young Musicians and Artists of Oregon, 2015 - Present
- Volunteer, Classroom Law Project, 2010 - Present
- Volunteer, Project Reunify, Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law, 2018 - Present
- J.D., Willamette University
- B.A., Michigan State University
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter, "CLE Professionalism," New Lawyer Selection, Multnomah Bar Association, 2016