Unmarried Couples

Family Law & Unmarried Couples

McKinley Irvin Can Protect Your Rights as a Parent & Partner

Unmarried couples may require the counsel and representation of a Portland family law attorney for a variety of legal matters. For instance, unmarried couples who are living together may want to enter into a cohabitation agreement to protect their property, in case of a future breakup. Couples who separate after years of cohabitation may also want to seek the services of a divorce attorney for counsel on separating property acquired during the relationship.

In cases where an unmarried couple has a child together, parentage (such as paternity) should be established. If the couple chooses not to live together, a parenting plan may be needed to outline each parent's rights to child custody, visitation, and child support. McKinley Irvin can provide insight into each of these areas and provide skillful and personalized service both in and outside of court.

Retain a Portland Divorce Attorney from McKinley Irvin

McKinley Irvin provides high-touch personal service and experienced representation in all areas of family law. Discuss your case with one of our knowledgeable attorneys and learn how we can assist with you as an unmarried individual.

We can protect your parental rights, protect your property after a breakup, or help you to obtain a restraining order to stop domestic violence. Contact us to learn more.

  • Best Law Firm
  • Best Lawyers
  • Super Lawyers
  • AV Preeminent
  • Avvo Rating 10.0
  • American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers