About Lisa M. Ward
Lisa Ward recalls her parents’ divorce as the most impactful event of her childhood. It was a drawn out and litigious process, and although she was very young, she recognized the effects the divorce had on her family, both emotionally and financially.
"The divorce process is powerful. It is a life-defining moment, and how you handle it will impact the rest of your life and your family members lives."
While Lisa is a strong advocate for her clients in litigation, she believes that not all divorces have to be combative. She is passionate about alternative dispute resolution and has extensive training in collaborative divorce and mediation. She enjoys teaching people conflict resolution tools that they can use going forward as they learn to function as a family in a new way. Above all, Lisa wants her clients to be in control of their own destinies.
"Helping people get through conflict that is so close to home is important work. At the end of the day, I want my clients to feel that they were active participants in shaping the decisions that will move their lives forward."
Lisa loves traveling internationally and having the opportunity to speak French. She lived for many years in France and Belgium. However, her favorite place to explore is the Pacific Northwest with her husband in their Airstream trailer. Lisa has two Sphynx cats - a hairless breed – who love to snuggle to stay warm.Next >>
- Member, Clark County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Member, Clark County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, Two Rivers Institute
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Executive Committee, Washington State Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2018 - Present
- Board Member, International Association of Collaborative Professionals Access to Collaboration Task Force, 2015, 2016
- Treasurer, Clark County Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2016
- Vice President, Clark County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, 2014, 2016
- Advisory Board Member, Center for International Studies, 2014
In the Community
- Volunteer, Clark County Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Volunteer, Community Mediation Services
- Bachelor of Arts in French from Reed College
- Juris Doctor from William S. Boyd School of Law
- LL.M in International Law from Brussels School of International Studies